Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dare to Be Bold, Make a Plan and Take the Risk

Time Management
"He who every morning plans the transactions of the day and follows out that plan carries a thread that will guide him through the labyrinth of the most busy life... But where no plan is laid, where the disposal of time is surrendered merely to the chance of incident, chaos will soon reign." by novelist, Victor Hugo.

Risk Evaluation
"How do you judge whether some activity is worth the risk? Do you base it on your fear? No, you should do some things that scare you. Should you base it on the probability of success? No, I don't think that's the answer either. Risk must be evaluated not by the fear it generates in you or the probability of your success, but by the value of the goal." by John C Maxwell in Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success.

I have recently joined an A-Team (Accountability Team) with Todd Falcone for producing results in building my AP Flex Plus network marketing team (see Cool Links on left). As I have increased the number of contacts I am introducing daily to my business (whether they say 'Yes' or 'No' to the offer), I am getting more bold and brave in a lot of other areas at the same time. Previously, I would talk to a few people a week and then pin all my hopes on how those few might respond. Needless to say, that did not work very well.

I interact with more people each day. I ask for what I want directly and that is making all the difference. I do what I have not allowed myself to do for fear of disapproval or embarrassment and am more joyful. For example, I have written stories for many years and longed to read them aloud in public. Last night, for the very first time, I read my Maine short story, Swimming the Narrows... First at the Players Club in NYC in front of professional actors, comedians, musicians and poets. I shook for twenty minutes after I finished reading but I DID IT and you could have heard a pin drop while I read! I'm looking forward to stretching further and my next challenge. Scary and exciting!

So I dare you to act bravely and boldly in your own life, if you aren't already, and see what happens for you.

No comments: