Thursday, June 24, 2010

Do It Now! DIN DIN DIN

Do It Now - easier said than done sometimes. When I was a child, my grandfather (and sometimes my mother) always told me DIN DIN DIN about doing homework or chores. I thought it was complete nonsense because I wanted to be reading, playing or watching TV instead of doing what I was SUPPOSED to be doing.

As I look at my 500 emails a day, my job responsibilities, real estate and online businesses, relationships and chores these days, I am forced to admit that DIN DIN DIN is a really effective way to complete action items more effectively. I simply don't have time to look at the same thing or deal with the same piece of paper more than once if I don't have to. Do It Now, Delegate, File, Give Away, Throw Out are useful distinctions to make when figuring out next actions. The other observation is that leaving projects incomplete (and by that I mean with no forward progress after touching them) sucks my energy. That said, I am prone to getting overwhelmed at times, so I have to break projects down into possible parts to get done in a limited framework of time or I get discouraged. I notice that I, like many people, notice what I don't get done in the timeframe I consider appropriate more often than I celebrate my many successes. Do It Now is all about increasing energy flow because incomplete projects, relationships, whatever block energy and finishing stuff accelerates it and adds excitement and joy to life. I am never happier than when I am moving forward, learning and growing and DIN DIN DIN supports that.

Grandpa (and Mom - gosh, did I say that), you are RIGHT! Do It Now simply works.

No comments: