Thursday, May 27, 2010

Business Partnership at its Best

Partnership at its best… my business partner, Janet Cook, and I complement each other in that we are like and unlike each other. We are alike in our passion for helping people, learning new skills, being entrepreneurs and loving life. We both appreciate how magnificent people are and look for it. For us, the glass is always half full, even in the face of circumstances that might say otherwise, like bill collectors or a broken furnace. We dream and act to reach those dreams. People close to us have said at times that we are unrealistic (or even a little crazy). But we aren’t.

We are unlike each other in that Janet is more outgoing and I have to deliberately be accessible. Naturally, I am shy and could happily sit in a corner and read. But I can’t have the voice I want in the world if I don’t learn to interact in crowds, even when I am uncomfortable. I am married 14 years to an amazing artist, David, and Janet dates so I live vicariously on that front. I had almost forgotten about the dating world. Janet is more playful and I am more serious, tall and I am short. I am great with marketing, systems and online tools. She has owned successful businesses, including now. I have a job with businesses on the side. She is more organized about prospecting, following up and closing. I struggle to fit all my activities into my schedule. We complement each other, learn together, are brilliant models for each other, and consider ourselves lucky in our business partnership. Who are your business partners and what, together, do you bring to the relationship?

No comments: